Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Advice for the youngest sibling

Mike Albertini (20), experienced youngest sibling shares his insight and advice about how to be the baby of the family (see entire interview below):

What would be your best advice for the youngest sibling of a family?

Not to be afraid to do your own thing. I don’t think older siblings can understand that they only show their way of doing things. It’s hard not to do the same because you want to end up like the person you admire. I tried to do that for a long time. No matter how good it feels; you’re not doing anything new. Older siblings should tell their younger siblings not to be afraid to do things completely different from how they did it. For me, I think things could’ve been easier if I was told that. I used to think if I listen to this music (like my sibling), then I’ll have these kinds of friends, and have this kind of life. It’s just stupid.

No comments: